Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CHAPS the Children Healing Art Project

Last night I attended the orientation for the newest addition to my many passions. I will be devoting some of my time to CHAPS the Children's Healing Art Project. It seems to be a perfect fit as it combines many of my skills and background explorations, combining art therapy, my love of kids, getting dirty creating art, teaching, social work and everything I have gleaned on my journey thus far. I am looking forward to rolling up my sleeves, flinging paint, watch kids jump on mattresses, throwing paint, facilitating kids making art, and assisting however I am needed. This will also touch on that delicate spot within us all, that  lies between hopefulness and fear, when it comes to children faced with life threatening illnesses and chronic challenges, that they are trying to deal with through the creative process. Kids of all ages, wherever they may be in their lives, in their day to day challenges of just growing up, and finding a place to fit in, to belong, and finding an outlet to express themselves. To be able to make art that in UNCONDITIONAL RIGHT! I am passionate about the ability of art to heal us all. It is essential. You simply cannot do it wrong, unless you do not do it at all. I am very excited to begin this new chapter......

No comments: