Friday, March 15, 2013

Going With The Flow

After a less than restful sleep yesterday I was more energetic than expected. I walked in the rain and then worked in my studio. A few nights before, I had re-watched the documentary Ten Questions For The Dalai Lama. I suppose, I carried the film with me on  some level during the day. When I returned from my studio in the late afternoon, I checked my e-mail. There, to my surprise was a notice that a block of tickets to see the Dalai Lama had been reserved by the Maitripa College. I don't even remember how I learned of this organization, but I had asked to be put on their mailing list. I responded immediately and was able to get an all day ticket to see H.H. Dalai Lama in May at the University of Portland! When I checked back later I saw that they were all sold out so I guess being in the right place at the right moment, without yearning, holding and expectation, or fear of disappointment .  Had I  been "trying" to get the tickets, there would have been an intensity in that holding onto expectation. My not having this, it created space in my life and the tickets somehow "came to me"! I am delighted and beyond. There is a lesson here, somewhere, actually right under my nose, so I need not look any further, just look. I just have to remember to remember, that by not holding on to outcomes, things have a way of working out as they are meant to. I know I will not always remember this simple lesson, but I know I will remember it more than I have in the past, and this is enough.

No comments: