Friday, January 16, 2015

Eagle Creek



Eagle Creek

I began with frustration at a dead camera battery
How could I "capture" the hike without it
I had no choice but to experience it 
as Annie Dillard would
with the "photographic precision
of her own silver-lined gut"
As I enter a new place with fear of the unknown
I am astounded by the beauty of varied greens
I couldn't imagine existed
The sounds of flowing creek and waterfalls
are magnificently deafening
The arms of the tree giants
reach out with dangling moss fingertips
They beckon to caress, hold and protect me
The trail walls weep with the joy of its own beauty
I feel cleansed by the shower mother nature provides
from it's melting winter glory
The falls feel like they want to both 
consume and cradle me
I try to listen to the pace of place
I don't want to leave
I long to return again soon
I will.....

No comments: