Thursday, March 13, 2008

Portland Peace Rally 2007

March 18, 20007 I participated in a peace march that marked four long senseless years fighting the war in Iraq, a war that was disguised as a fight for national security but was in fact a war about power, oil and revenge. You can view some of my photos from that rally that are included in http://wordonthestreets.org/ under the link for Portland. This website includes photographs taken by humanitarians from around the world marching in the name of peace.
This Saturday will be the five year anniversary with horrifically no end in sight. I will once again join like minded peace seekers in solidarity to rally against the war in downtown Portland. Please join me at 2 p.m. at the South Park Blocks, SW Madison and Park, for a WORLD WITHOUT WAR A DAY OF RESISTANCE AND HOPE TO STOP THE WAR AND BRING TROOPS HOME NOW! I will be there camera in hand to attempt to capture the essence of the humanitarian response to the war in Iraq.

No comments: