Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Chair Affair

Tonight was the artist party to select our chairs from the Community Warehouse in Portland. We will then be decorating them and they will be auctioned at the Chair Affair. This is the "BEFORE" picture of the chair I chose to recreate. I have big plans for it! The working title is Kicking Back in Portland, but one never knows, that might change. Check back frequently as I document the evolution of my chair which will be a tribute to many of the things that make Portland unique. The Community Warehouse recycles donated furniture and household items. They collect these items and give them back out to local families in need. Community Warehouse works in partnership with over 80 local non-profit and social services agencies. This fundraising effort pays for the cost of serving 25 families a week. I am very excited to be participating in this event for a very worthy cause.

No comments: