Monday, October 12, 2009

Patience

Well the wedding of Adam and Tiff has come and gone and I am finally landing back on earth. There was so much emotional energy involved in the entire process of the wedding that I can finally exhale after one of the most wonderful weekends of my life. Each day another memory unfolds and makes the experience grow richer and richer. Now with the days growing cooler and getting darker earlier, I look forward to going inward to my creative space, as my injured hand allows, and create, create, create. That is my calling and I want to answer, yet my pain stands in my way and I have to struggle to find a balance and a way around it. It brings to mind one of my favorite quotes:

"Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day. "

Rainer Maria Rilke~~Letters to a Young Poet

No comments: