Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Chair Affair is Swiftly Approaching!




Jo Grishman
I have seen myself as an artist since childhood, always drawing and creating imaginary worlds, growing up in New York City. My passions for family and nature have been nurtured and blossomed since moving to Portland, where I finally feel at home. I am an artist exploring narrative sculpture combining found objects, text and mixed media. Manipulating the variety of materials is like a dance, as the images emerge and take on a life of their own. Through the process of excavating layers of memory, the story of each piece I create gradually begins to reveal itself to me. It is an unfolding."What a caterpillar sees as the end of the world the butterfly sees as just the beginning".


The 4th Annual CHAIR AFFAIR+ will be rockin’!!
  • Live auction: trips, beach houses, celebrity cooking…
  • Silent auction featuring the work of 100+ artists creating gallery quality, funky/functional, one-of-a-kind chairs and household items…
  • Food, Drink, Fun…all supporting the important work of Community Warehouse providing basic household necessities to those in need.
Date: April 8
Time: 6-9 pm
Location: TBA

No comments: