Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Chair Affair Opening Reception

                                             SOLD
Well despite the rain,(like that ever keeps Portlanders from going out and about!), the opening reception for The Chair Affair at the Galleria was attended in a lively way with a delightful outpouring of supporters and art lovers. I was so happy to see so many of my friends come out to support us. People crawled through the window displays to get upclose and personal with all the exciting creations, as well as strolled by Mario's and PH Reed, to see the chairs on display in their windows. I am happy to say, there were quite a few chair sales during the evening! I was also so pleasantly surprised to find out the next day, that my lovely dance community friend Claire will be the proud owner of "Finding Home". I can't think of a better person for the piece to find it's way home to! I am honored that she sees the value and heart and soul I put into creating the piece and hope she continues to enjoy it as it reveals itself to her in the time to come. I can't wait to see how many wonderful creations find their new homes the evening of the auction on April 8th! I know it will be a fabulous evening filled with fun, friends and surprises.

No comments: